I have published extensively in the areas of educational technology, creativity, design, educational psychology, in academic journals, journals for practitioners and other venues. Almost all my articles are available online – and if you are looking for a specific paper the easiest way to get it is by searching on this website using the search option above.
Some of my writing (mostly for a popular or wider audience) are best seen as being part of a series or articles that are thematically connected. These include:
- Rethinking Technology & Creativity in the 21st Century
- An ongoing series of articles written for the journal Tech Trends, in collaboration with members of the Deep-Play Research Group
- Science education research and its application to middle school science learning
- This series,co-edited with Angie Calabrese Barton at Michigan State University, is published in iWonder, a practitioner journal aimed at middle school science teachers. I also create the original illustrations for these articles.
- Of Art and Math
- A set of articles(co-authored with Gaurav Bhatnagar) for the practitioner oriented Mathematics education journal At Right Angles. I created all the original art that is used in these articles.
- Ed Psych Research 2 Practice:
- A series on articles on looking at the application of educational psychology research to practice (edited with Matt Koehler)