- Associate Dean of Scholarship and Innovation the Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College (2016 present). In this I am responsible for three key areas:
- Scholarship: Facilitate scholarship in all its forms (discovery, integration, application/engagement & teaching/learning) across the college.
- Analytics: Leading a team engaged in analyzing, and reporting on MLFTC professional programs and indicators for multiple purposes and stakeholders.
- Innovation: Working with the college leadership to re-imagine and enact the challenge of building an education system design collective. To go beyond projects, activities, programs to systems, structures and culture.
- Member of Executive Council, Society for Information Technology in Teacher Education (2015- presents)
- Member of EduSummit Leadership Team (2013- present).
EDUsummIT (International Summit on ICT in Education) is a global knowledge building community of researchers, educational practitioners, and policy makers committed to supporting the effective integration of research and practice in the field of ICT in education.
- Program Director, Master of Arts in Education Technology Program, College of Education, Michigan State University (2008-16)
Our award-winning program (AACTE award for Innovation and Technology, 2013) is offered in varied formats, face-to-face, online, hybrid, on-campus, and overseas. As the Program Director, my team and I built the program from 80 students to over 300; from a localized face-to-face program to one that operates in multiple modalities across many global locations. We received 2.8 million dollars from Wipro Ltd. to work with STEM teachers in Chicago (2013-17). During my tenure as director I pushed for innovative and thoughtful research that can inform our pedagogy and practices. This has led to multiple presentations and journal articles – many of which are authored by faculty and students who teach in our program—a process I helped orchestrate and support.
- Part of the team tasked with designing the first hybrid Ph.D. program in Educational Psychology and Educational Technology, at Michigan State University
- Founder & former Chair, Creativity SIG, Society for Information Technology in Teacher Education (2013-15)
- Member, School board, Okemos Public School District (2015-16)
- Chair, Innovation and Technology Committee, American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education (2011)
- Active member of the National Technology Leadership Summit series of research meetings