Two different representations of the word “Deep-Play” (in and of itself an example of deep-play). The first design is a lake reflection where the word is written such that it is symmetric along a horizontal axis. Finally, a 180-degree rotational design. (Incidentally design #2 was created by Douglas Hofstadter on the occasion of my exhibition at the MSU Museum.)
I love to play with ideas, words and images. I am fascinated by ambiguity, recursion and self-reference. Here are samples of some of my creative work.
- Mathematics and Visual Wordplay
- Ambigrams, symmetries and representing mathematical ideas through wordplay. Images, videos, journal articles and more…
- Illusory New Year’s Videos
- Since 2009 our family has been creating videos to welcome the new year. These are not your typical family videos but rather play with words, typography, illusions and ideas.
- Academic Poetry
- Faculty and Graduate students in the EPET program at Michigan State University created this glorious book of poetry and photographs. Enjoy Momentary Lapis Lazuli of Reason: Academia for better or verse
- Fun Work Videos
- These are videos I created as a part of my job, but that doesn’t in any way mean that they were not fun to create, and hopefully to watch.
- Pure Fun Videos
- These are more straightforward fun … but nothing I do is unconnected to what I do for work.
- Mathematical poetry
- Just as the title says, where mathematics and poetry meet… and I even got one published in a Math-education journal :-)
- Palindromic Poetry
- Poetry that reads this way and that!
Gallimaufry:* Lot more coming soon… Children’s Poetry | Cell phone photographs | Photo Mosaics | Alphabet on Crack | Sketches with graphics tablet | Art on my palm pilot | Images R Cool.. and more!
Gallimaufry (): hodgepodge, hotchpotch, jumble, confused medley